13 CEs. $390
10 AM – 5:30 PM
Thursday, June 23 & Friday, June 24
with Jessica Dafni
This 2-day course covers the foundation of theory, skill, technique and practice for working with headaches and TMJ pain from the perspective of Thai traditional medicine. Many people suffering from headaches and TMJ pain forget to mention it; they are so used to the discomfort that they assume nothing can be done. Practitioners in this course will receive in-depth instruction on working with skill and ease to assist their clients with this common trouble area, helping them experience more freedom in eating, speaking and facial expression.
In this course, students will learn:
- History and context of Thai bodywork
- Anatomy of the body
- Assessment skills
- Palpation skills
- Safe handling and application of hot herbal compresses and other herbal tools
- A variety of techniques, including when and how to apply them
- Effective client positioning
- Strong and safe body mechanics
- Indications and contraindications
Tuition includes all class learning materials.
Pre-requisite: prior training in hands-on work; previous Thai bodywork experience and exposure to Thai medical theory is helpful, though not required. Please contact Jessica with questions.
Please use the link above to register and be sure to review class policies and information.