Maine’s only therapeutic Thai bodywork clinic is adding to our skilled team to better serve our community. We have an exceptional growth opportunity for a person who wants to be part of expanding a thriving therapeutic practice based in a traditional medical system of Thailand.
Our immediate need is for someone to offer 6 treatments on a floor mat over 2 to 3 days per week, most weeks. Consistent availability is required; including weekends, daytime hours and some evenings.
Entry-level requirements – no training provided:
- Competently perform a treatment-based Thai bodywork session
- Follow studio open/close, communication and scheduling protocols
- Use of basic scheduling software and other online tools (familiarity with FullSlate, Square and Google Apps preferred)
- Clear and effective communications with clients and staff
- Independent contractor or employee status TBD
Skills desired or to acquire:
- Capable of treatment-specific Thai bodywork for of a variety of conditions and clients
- Able to communicate effectively about treatment and self-care
- Effective client assessment techniques
- Basic understanding and tools in practice marketing and administration
- Ability to effectively perform Thai cupping and scraping therapies
- Use of Thai herbal therapies and compresses in practice
- Confidence in practice
- Clinic management
- Ongoing training and mentorship
Education and Experience:
- Maine LMT or in process
- Previous experience working in a professional clinic environment – this can include school clinics or an internship
Benefits and Pay:
- Pay will commensurate and increase with skill level
- Discounts on classes/training, treatments and herbal supplies
- Flexible schedule within pre-determined work days
- Marketing support and a fully supplied and maintained treatment space
Please email a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references in PDF format to Jessica Dafni with “Thai Bodywork Therapist Application” in the subject line. The cover letter should describe relevant skills, experience, training and interest in the position.
Qualified candidates who submit a complete application as outlined above will be contacted to schedule an interview. This position is open until filled.