Maine’s most experienced therapeutic Thai bodywork clinic is adding to our skilled team to better serve our community. We have an exceptional growth opportunity for a person who wants to be part of expanding a thriving therapeutic practice based in a traditional medical system of Thailand.
Our immediate need is for someone to offer 3-6 treatments over 2 to 3 days per week, most weeks, in our Brunswick clinic, with potential to expand over time. Consistent availability is required; including some weekends and weekday evenings.
Employee status, with a set minimum number of weekly hours met through treatments and/or administrative functions.
Entry-level requirements – no training provided:
- Competently perform a treatment-based, deep-tissue style bodywork session
- Effective client assessment techniques
- Clear and effective communications with clients and staff
- Hygienic and professional appearance
- Basic understanding and tools in practice marketing and administration
Entry-level requirements – basic training provided:
- Follow clinic open/close, communication, treatment and scheduling protocols
- Use of basic scheduling software and other online tools (familiarity with Acuity, Square and Google Apps preferred)
- Confidence in practice
- Capable of using Thai herbal therapies and compresses in practice
Additional Skills Desired or to Acquire:
- Able to communicate effectively about treatment and self-care
- Capable of treatment-specific Thai bodywork for of a variety of conditions and clients
- Ability to effectively perform Thai cupping and scraping therapies
- Clinic management
- Ongoing training and mentorship
Education and Experience:
- Maine LMT
- 1-2 years experience working in a professional clinic environment – this can include school clinics or an internship
Benefits and Pay:
- Pay will commensurate and increase with skill level and function
- Discounts on classes/training, treatments and herbal supplies
- Flexible schedule within predetermined work days
Please email a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references in a single PDF document to Jessica Dafni with “Thai Herbal Bodywork Therapist Application” in the subject line.
The cover letter should describe relevant skills, experience, training and interest in the position.
Qualified candidates who submit a complete application as outlined above will be contacted to schedule an interview. This position is open until filled.